Postpartum Corrective Exercise Coaching
Delivering a baby (or two or three) can change a woman’s body, for better or for worse. For example, one of the world’s more advanced nations in postpartum care is France, where they offer every woman 10 to 20 sessions to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor and abdominal wall. This is offered in order to prevent things like urinary incontinence and diastasis recti (the splitting of the abdominal wall muscles). Unfortunately, some modern nations - including the United States - do not yet offer a standard of care to help mom bounce back fast.
New moms often have to figure it out on their own, in the midst of juggling their newborn and multiple other demands in our busy lives. Not many moms will be coached how to reconnect their bodies properly. Some women go back to doing what they did before pregnancy. This is a great start, but inner core muscle function of the Diaphragm, Pelvic Floor, and Transverse Abdominis change dramatically during pregnancy, and most often need a solid reactivation postpartum (And that’s assuming that these core muscles were working optimally prior to and during pregnancy).
Many postpartum women could use a Pre & Post Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist for several reasons:
- To set a solid inner core foundation for bouncing back stronger than ever.
- To specifically rehabilitate after a C-section, Episiotomy, or Vaginal Tearing.
- Reconnecting any abdominal separation (diastasis recti) that may have occurred during pregnancy.
- To make sure you practice making the time for YOU amidst your new life.
Fit For Birth recommends all postpartum women to invest at least one month to set a new foundation for their bodies. Our company (www.GetFitForBirth.com) has been providing continuing education to fitness professionals around the world for nearly a decade, and our hometown is Miami, Florida, USA. Fit For Birth trainers are some of the world’s most qualified Postnatal Fitness Professionals. You can be coached by highly trained musculoskeletal experts who know how to assess the postpartum body, and to select safe and effective exercises to get you going or to complement the exercise you’re already doing. Our methods span from the most gentle and appropriate exercises that should be performed only a few days postpartum, progressing all the way to months and years postpartum.
It’s a one-time investment in your wellness so that you can be the powerful mom you are meant to be: chasing kids, letting them jump on you, being pain-free, looking and feeling your best. See for yourself...
Exercise postpartum has been research-proven to substantially help YOU:
- Decrease chance of postpartum depression
- Return to pre-pregnancy weight faster
- Re-establish proper posture, alignment and muscle balance
- Build strength for holding infant
- Reduce aches and pains
- Remove toxins
- Increase self-esteem and give back a sense of control
- Reduce stress
- Prevent Incontinence
- Prevent Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Corrective Exercise has been shown to help rehabilitate:
- Episiotomy & Vaginal Tearing
- Diastasis Recti (separation of the abdominal wall)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Girdle Pains like: Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction, Sciatica, Disc Herniation, Piriformis Syndrome, and more
- Lower back pain
- Upper trapezius “neck” tension from breastfeeding
- Other aches and pains from musculoskeletal imbalances
Fit For Birth Training Overview
Sessions with a Fit For Birth qualified instructor always begin with a comprehensive assessment and foundation (see below). If you enjoy the assessment, and would like additional coaching, Fit For Birth offers personal training as monthly packages. An individual session is typically 55 minutes and commonly follows this flow:
- Belly Training - Inner Core activations involving the Diaphragm, Pelvic Floor, and Transverse Abdominis, specific for your needs - not everyone benefits from the same exercises!
- Functional Training - Strength-promoting exercises are centered upon the primal movement patterns. We train you for the movements you need for life and as a new mom, not just haphazard exercise selections.
- SuperMom Training - (If desired, and once a foundation is set). This form of training is for those who desire to train hard and make faster changes in the body. It includes both exercise selection and guided imagery rest periods.
With monthly coaching, you select 2, 3, or 4 time slots that are convenient for you each week. You are essentially reserving your training times. For women all around the world, Fit For Birth trainers perform Video Call (VC) sessions. For those who live in south Florida, USA, our trainers can train you at your home on some occasions and online for other occasions. This format allows for the greatest level of convenience, and most affordable pricing for everyone involved.
Personalized Postpartum Assessment and Foundation
- Find out exactly which muscles are working for you and against you during your pregnancy.
- Receive your personalized most important exercises to enhance your alignment, posture and muscle balance.
- Comprehensive Corrective Exercise Assessments (90-120minutes):
- Postnatal Necessities - Breathing, Pelvic Floor, deep core function and pelvic tilting.
- Movement - Determines how your brain is sending signal to your muscles. Identifies your strengths and weaknesses regarding breathing, core, pelvis and the six most important movements that all postpartum moms encounter in daily life.
- Flexibility - A 57 point assessment to identify specifically which muscles are overactive compared to normal ranges.
- Lifestyle - Helps you to identify your strengths and weaknesses in your 5 Foundations: the five most critical areas of postpartum wellness: Breathing, Movement, Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Mind.
- Easy way to see if postpartum corrective exercise coaching is right for you.
- Entire cost of the assessment can be rolled into paying for the first month of any monthly postpartum package that you begin within 10 days.
Schedule your Foundational Postpartum Assessment Now!
Remember, your investment in the Postpartum Foundational Assessment session can be entirely rolled into your first month of personal training, Online or Live!